SSRS Tip: Speed up RDP based SSRS reports testing in Dynamics Ax 2012
When working on precision designs a lot of time is spent on waiting for the preview to run. If your precision design uses an RDP dataset here is a simple and fantastic tip to speed up.
1. Convert your temporary table to persistent by modifying the TableType property to Regular
2. Now run the report once. Either from Visual studio or inside Ax. This fills the data in the temporary table.
3. Comment the code inside processreport method or simply write a “return” statement on the first line of the method.
That’s it. you are now geared for a faster execution of the reports. Remember to revert back once you are done or wait for the testers to find it 🙂 but don’t let it go to the production.
For more tips and learning about SSRS – AX 2012 order the book Dynamics AX 2012 Reporting Cookbook authored by me.
- Dynamics Ax 2012 reporting cookbook for SSRS – Dynamics Ax 2012 (kamalblogs.wordpress.com)
- Project creation tool for extended classes – Dynamics Ax 2012 (kamalblogs.wordpress.com)
- SSRS : RDP class & Debug it (axchaitu.wordpress.com)
- SSRS tip: Take care that VS and AX client are in the same layer for SSRS – Dynamics AX 2012 (kamalblogs.wordpress.com)
- SSRS tip: How to set the page size for a SSRS report in Dynamics Ax 2012 (kamalblogs.wordpress.com)