Project creation tool for extended classes – Dynamics Ax 2012
Productivity Enhancement tool – Ax 2012
Though cross reference is the best tool to find out references and usage details there are times when we want to search for a certain keyword to identify an example. With the number AOT components increasing the search process is also painfully long so if we can narrow down the search then there is nothing better like that.
Recently i have been working on the SysOperationFramework and SSRS reports. I frequently used the type hierarchy browser to find the classes that extend a base class say the UI builder in an effort to look for class that implements a certain method or usage examples of certain kind of control like the reference control. The bad part of type hierarchy browser is that you can’t search over it. So here is a simple tool that i built for myself to help through this.
This tool when initiated will prompt for a base class through a dialog, post clicking ‘ok’ it will add all the classes to the project node. This helps to narrow down the search. Watch the video to understand and click here to download.
The other problem with type hierarchy browser was that i always wanted to open the classes shown in the tree node through a double click but i don’t know for some reason this was not done. I always had to right click and select edit. This project also additionally contains the minor change that will allow you to open the classes just by a double click. Watch the video to understand and click here to download.
Keep watching this space there is more to come in the next release
1. Create project by attributes – Find all the class that has a certain attribute and create a project
2. Create project from Type Hierarchy browser – The tool will be integrated to the type hierarchy browser
3. Create project by Interface – create a project of all classes that implements a interface
- 4 Myths Debunked by Microsoft Dynamics™ AX (implementinggreatideas.com)
- What makes a good Dynamics Ax Project Manager ? – Interesting Infograph (kamalblogs.wordpress.com)
- Visionet Systems Inc. to Unveil EdgeAX Solution Suite at PI Apparel… (prweb.com)
- The CIO Partnership adds Microsoft Dynamics AX capability to broadens its ERP services portfolio (prweb.com)