Productivity tip: Do you need the under score when naming – Dynamics Ax
Well When we sat through the product review there was one simple point that caught our attention, surprisingly it helped us improve our productivity. This post is to share on what we learnt.
Typically i have seen several implementation and product development teams adopting the ‘_'(underscore) naming convention. In fact we followed it through out Dynamics AX 2009. Though at the very first look it appears helpful in hindsight it deters productivity.
1. While you type holding a shift key is not making typing faster.
2. Every time you declare a variable you are again held up with underscores
3. On the AOT node navigating is definitely not easier.
If you look all these points at a component level it can be ignored but when you do it over and over it adds up to a significant time.
Next time you start a new project or product consider if you need to use the underscore ‘_’ again.
- SSRS Tip: Speed up RDP based SSRS reports testing in Dynamics Ax 2012 (kamalblogs.wordpress.com)
- SSRS tip: Take care that VS and AX client are in the same layer for SSRS – Dynamics AX 2012 (kamalblogs.wordpress.com)
- SSRS tip: How to set the page size for a SSRS report in Dynamics Ax 2012 (kamalblogs.wordpress.com)
- SSRS tip: No row message in Dynamics Ax SSRS 2012 (kamalblogs.wordpress.com)
- Dynamics Ax 2012 reporting cookbook for SSRS – Dynamics Ax 2012 (kamalblogs.wordpress.com)