I’m very happy to inform you that the Dynamics AX reporting cookbook I authored is now published and available through major retailers online.
If you had pre-ordered it through packt then you should already have it in your hand. If not and you are still thinking if this book is for you, here are 5 reasons that tells you how buying this book is a good choice.
- Understand the inners of reporting Framework: This book helps you understand the framework portions like the controller, preprocessing, temptable marshaller to the depth with the help of flowcharts and diagrams. Just because you do it better when you know it better.
- Better choice of controllers and data source: The book has one or more examples for all the possible controls including the ones that are not found in the out of the box reports and discusses every possible data source available for the reports with examples. Just because you make a better choice when you know the options better.
- Speed up development and testing: Inside the book there are unique techniques that can help you speed up development as well gain time by quick tricks to fasten testing. Just because you get time to be creative when you make your routines easier.
- Implementation pattern reference: There are recipes in this book for typical development patterns like validations, defaulting values, building lookups, multi value lookups, inventory & financial dimensions and much more. Just because Google is not your only friend we are here too 🙂
- Analyze and Handle issues faster: The book has step by step in detail guidance to approach development issues, upgrades and design. It speaks about additional tools that can help you understand report performance and usage. Just because your mysterious must not remain unresolved.
curious and want to know more before buying ??
Interested in reviewing this book in your blog ? Please contact me @casperkamal[at]gmail[dot]com
Interested in learning SSRS – Attend my SSRS session at AXUG see more details here
This blog has more SSRS tips revealed from the book read them here
Recently i was reading through one of the ERP reports from Panorama Consulting. I found these twenty points an interesting read for anybody working with ERP. Give it a quick read and you might also like it.
To access the entire report click here
Couldn’t believe my eyes gentlemen, this afternoon I was surprised to see a pre-order open for a book on Dynamics Ax 2012 in Amazon. Not much information except for the author names. The authors are from the executive team of cole systems. Click here to know more about the authors..
“Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Unleashed” by Ivan cole and David weiner – Pre order for yourself here…http://amzn.to/eVuWjX
There is always a gap between what the developer wants and the product offers. Though Dynamics Ax is making fast improvement in the upcoming versions in bridging thesegaps, the current version has a handful of it 🙂 .. that’s when utilities come in to help like the verticals for functional gaps.
I can remember how utilities like Tabax/Sidax from Max Belugin, Kashperuk’s Table Addon, DaxConfig by Arijit, AxAssist helped me and inspired me to come up with my own utilities…But these days I miss the trend. Uust to keep it kicking and alive is another such utility from itwrkx.com “Tools4Dax”.
This utility offers quite a number of features I did try a few of them but yet to use it full fledged. Here is the list of features that Tools4Dax promises to offer and moreover it’s FREE!!!
- Getting AOT node information about a field in a form.
- Finding all unused labels.
- Generating common table methods like find().
- Generating default objects like forms.
- Inserting user specified class, method and headers and comments in code.
- Inserting commonly used statements in code.
- Generating project trees and adding nodes.
- Debugging Queries.