– This is one of the mind blowing features that was showcased through the key note
– Data from DAX: The entire data of the ecommerce website is driven automatically through Dynamics Ax. What this means is that you keep your site up to date just through Dynamics Ax. (For the techies: There are query webparts now that pull the data from Ax
– Order generation: A website is just another channel, so when a order is placed through the ecommerce portal it actually creates sales order at the backend
– Catalog: Item catalogs show up based on the product attributes. So the portal looks up to dynamics ax attribute for catalog
– Product Search by attributes: You can specify the criteria for each product and the search is automatically enabled on the eCommerce portal. Eg. Like Color, Size etc.
– Multiple Device support: A whole website was showcased where the template is driven by sharepoint and data by Dynamics Ax. The templates are device dependant, which means there is an abstraction between data and the rendering. This helps you to have device based templates. So tosupport multiple devices like mobile, desktop all you need to do is to set the right templates
– The e-commerce alltogether has come up as the most key functionality in the Ax for retail section and did attract a lot of attention from the audience