SSRS Tip: Printing Row headers in every page – Dynamics Ax 2012
This post today will discuss how to print row headers in every page for tablix.
When your table has a header
When using table type tablix with headers as seen in the below image, right click on the Tablix properties and select “Repeat header rows on each page” (If you use a matrix control please check the same for “Repeat header columns on each page”)
When you use a static tablix member in Row or Column.
If you don’t realize what a static tablix member, select a table and insert a row using the option “Outside Group – Above” or simply Insert Row -> Above if you don’t have any groupings. Now open the Group mode window (if not open, click the grouping icon from your report tool bar ) and then click Advanced mode. The system will show up static members in a table. These are members that are calculated once and are rendered in one or multiple pages. These controls can also be used like headers.
Coming back, Once you have identified the static tablix member you want to repeat, On the property of the tablix member set “RepeatOnNewPage” to True. (If this doesn’t work outright, try setting the property “KeepWithGroup” to “After”)
For more tips and learning about SSRS – AX 2012 order the book Dynamics AX 2012 Reporting Cookbook authored by me.
- SSRS tip: No row message in Dynamics Ax SSRS 2012 (kamalblogs.wordpress.com)
- SSRS Tip: Speed up RDP based SSRS reports testing in Dynamics Ax 2012 (kamalblogs.wordpress.com)
- SSRS Tip: Using labels for dynamic texts in SSRS reports – Dynamics Ax 2012 (kamalblogs.wordpress.com)
- SSRS tip: How to set the page size for a SSRS report in Dynamics Ax 2012 (kamalblogs.wordpress.com)
- SSRS tip: Take care that VS and AX client are in the same layer for SSRS – Dynamics AX 2012 (kamalblogs.wordpress.com)
- Dynamics Ax 2012 reporting cookbook for SSRS – Dynamics Ax 2012 (kamalblogs.wordpress.com)
- SSRS Tip: Using invisible parameters in contracts – Dynamics AX 2012 (kamalblogs.wordpress.com)