Producvity tip: Don’t scroll use Ctrl + G in your Editor – Dynamics Ax
The other day as i was reviewing a code modification to a long method from my team mate he had to walk me up and down through the code scrolling.
Just then the Ctrl + G flashed in me. Yes It takes a lot less effort to type in the line number then scrolling up and down. Even if you are not sure of the line number make it a guess then it is always a few lines up or down.
If you are newbie here is how you can find the line number
On AX 2009
You can identify the line number in the status bar.
On AX 2012
Activate the toggle line number in the tool bar or identify the line number from the status bar
Ideally keeping best practices in mind you must right methods that have limited number of lines and break them and keep it modular.
- RT @tamizhanda637: @PetaIndia u will be banned soon in TN. R u ready to get out of here? Do u need any help to vacate from here? Our TN ppl…-- 3 weeks ago
- RT @SOLLUNGAJI: @PetaIndia https://t.co/9DvXhvtHLD-- 3 weeks ago
- RT @RamaPeriasamy: @superstarrajini ரஜினி புகழ் இனி மெல்லச் சாகும்; கமல் ஒரு உலக நாயகனே!-- 3 weeks ago
- RT @ramkumarb4u: @superstarrajini உங்க ஒரு துளி வியர்வைக்கு ஒரு பவுன் தங்க காசு குடுத்தது எங்க தப்புதான் சார்..-- 3 weeks ago
- Distributed groundnut chikki @ office for #jallikattu success facebook.com/sangeetha.kama… #JallikattuForever Thanks ev… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…-- 3 weeks ago
- Cincom Solution Configurator for Microsoft Dynamics AX - MSDynamicsWorld.comCincom Solution Configurator for Microsoft Dynamics AXMSDynamicsWorld.comThe Cincom Solution Configurator is much more than just a product configurator - it's a comprehensive guided selling tool driven by a highly flexible business rules engine. Seamlessly embedded within Microsoft Dynamics AX, it guides selection and ...
- SSIS Integration Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics AX - MSDynamicsWorld.comSSIS Integration Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics AXMSDynamicsWorld.comKingswaySoft's data integration solution for Microsoft Dynamics AX is part of the SSIS Integration Toolkit product family. Built upon the SSIS platform, it is the most performant and feature rich data integration solution for Microsoft Dynamics AX on ...
- Webstore for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 - MSDynamicsWorld.comWebstore for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012MSDynamicsWorld.comTo-Increase Webstore enables retailers and distributors to create and manage powerful ecommerce channels that fit their strategy, market segments, and business model. No matter whether you serve direct retail customers or wholesale customers, the ...
- Mobile Framework for Microsoft Dynamics AX Now Available - MSDynamicsWorld.com (press release)Mobile Framework for Microsoft Dynamics AX Now AvailableMSDynamicsWorld.com (press release)SAN DIEGO, CA (February 14, 2017) - AXMentor, an international Microsoft Dynamics® AX and CRM Partner, has unveiled AXAdmin, a secure mobility framework and monitoring platform for Microsoft Dynamics AX, built for iOS, that gives IT Managers, ...
- The Microsoft Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365 migration: Why to start planning now. - MSDynamicsWorld.comMSDynamicsWorld.comThe Microsoft Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365 migration: Why to start planning now.MSDynamicsWorld.comOne segment of the Microsoft Dynamics AX community is ready, willing, and eager to migrate to Dynamics 365 for Operations. But there also exists some of that "Our old system works fine" reticence. The case for web-based clients and t […]
- From the Microsoft Dynamics AX Blogs: Stuck MPOS transactions; X++ Extension Methods; Unit conversions; FastTab ... - MSDynamicsWorld.comFrom the Microsoft Dynamics AX Blogs: Stuck MPOS transactions; X++ Extension Methods; Unit conversions; FastTab ...MSDynamicsWorld.comOn the Microsoft Dynamics AX Support blog, Randy Higgins stated that there have been a few instances where the MPOS (Modern Point of Sale) crashes during the processing of a transaction or the RTS (real-time service) times out […]
- SSRS Tip: Using invisible parameters in contracts - Dynamics AX 2012
- SSRS Tip: Using labels for dynamic texts in SSRS reports - Dynamics Ax 2012
- Customizing Infolog through SysInfoAction
- Debug::assert statements found in Sys layer in Dynamics Ax 2009
- SSRS tip: How to set the page size for a SSRS report in Dynamics Ax 2012
- SSRS Tip: Prevent report execution through controller - Dynamics Ax 2012
- Running a .Net reference code in the Server in Dynamics Ax
- AX 2012 - TFS multiple workspacesHi AllAX 2012 support only a single TFS workspace that mean a Dynamics AX Developer Box (SQL Server, AOS, etc.) for each developer.Many of us use a Shared AX Environment, so many Developers connected to the same Dynamics AX Environment. More details at Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 White Paper: Developing Solutions in a Shared AOS Development EnvironmentFor thi […]
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 CU10 [Bug] - PK Rename WmsLocationId issueRenaming the WmsLocationId field on a WmsLocation record fails to rename the WmsLocationId field on related WmsLocationLoad records. Because table WmsLocation uses a primary key containing multiple fields...(read more)
- Dynamics Podcast // Episode 11 // It takes a village…Audio only: http://skaue.com/Podcast/audio/ep11.m4a We talk to the head of AXUG which is the AX focused user group that is a part of Dynamic Communities Inc.. We’ve seen a great focus from Microsoft...(read more)
- Establishing a Change Management TeamWhether it’s a new ERP system, upgrade of existing software or shift in business practices, changes within an organization can be challenging. All too often, where the organization wanted to go isn’t where it ends up, never realizing the ROI that it hoped to see. In some cases, entire implementation efforts must be jettisoned as too costly with no relief in […]
- Microsoft Dynamics Partner Roundup: Mobile CRM on AppSource; D365 mobile healthcare, security; AX mobile frameworkIn this week's Microsoft Dynamics Partner News Roundup: Mobile Framework for Microsoft Dynamics AX Now Available Resco Delivers Offline Mobility to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Users via AppSource HealthGrid Integrates with Microsoft ...read more
- Table synchronization issue – Cannot select a record in tableWe may get this below error message sometimes when we remove the existing field. My case I have removed the field “TestField”. After I removed the field, I got the below error message when I open the form...(read more)
- Unretrieved value in form fieldUnretrieved value in form field When we add new fields in the table, it will synchronize with database and new fields will be created in SQL table. Sometimes, In the form level we couldn’t see newly added...(read more)
- How to use inventory value report: part 4In this part, we will discuss how to use inventory value report to do inventory reconciliation. Firstly, let’s imagine a company who has two item groups: Bike and Accessory. The inventory GL account for Bike is 140100. The inventory GL account for Accessory is 140200. Then we have a total GL inventory account 149999. In the total GL account 149999, we set up […]
- How construction equipment rental businesses can add dealership to their portfolioHiGH Software has an interesting trend to share with international construction equipment rental businesses. Over the past few years, we’ve heard increasingly from customers that a key benefit of our solution DynaRent for Microsoft Dynamics is that it offers more flexibility than other rental and services software in some specific areas. It turns out that th […]
- AX Word of the Week: AOSOk, this is kind of a cheater here because it's actually three words, but it's something that you might hear your System administrator or your IT Department throw around. So what is an AOS?AOS - Application Object ServerThe Application Object Server is one piece of three that make up your AX architecture. The three pieces that make up the AX archit […]