Tools4Dax – Development tools for Dynamics Ax
There is always a gap between what the developer wants and the product offers. Though Dynamics Ax is making fast improvement in the upcoming versions in bridging thesegaps, the current version has a handful of it 🙂 .. that’s when utilities come in to help like the verticals for functional gaps.
I can remember how utilities like Tabax/Sidax from Max Belugin, Kashperuk’s Table Addon, DaxConfig by Arijit, AxAssist helped me and inspired me to come up with my own utilities…But these days I miss the trend. Uust to keep it kicking and alive is another such utility from itwrkx.com “Tools4Dax”.
This utility offers quite a number of features I did try a few of them but yet to use it full fledged. Here is the list of features that Tools4Dax promises to offer and moreover it’s FREE!!!
- Getting AOT node information about a field in a form.
- Finding all unused labels.
- Generating common table methods like find().
- Generating default objects like forms.
- Inserting user specified class, method and headers and comments in code.
- Inserting commonly used statements in code.
- Generating project trees and adding nodes.
- Debugging Queries.